Re: Angles in Paths

Hello world,

Shao Miller wrote:

> Please forgive me if I've knocked at the wrong door.  I am wondering: Is
> there any way to specify a 30-60-90 triangle without considering the
> length of the side which is incommensurable with the other two?  It
> would seem odd to me if a person needed to describe this special
> triangle by first choosing some arbitrary precision with which to
> express the special side.  A path instruction like "turn 135 degrees,
> counter-clockwise" followed by a "move forward 2 units" seems like a
> sequence that a rendering engine could understand and would be better at
> choosing a precision for than a person would be.  (Remember the "Logo
> turtle"?)

For SVG 2, this (the "turn") is in the queue as a bearing command ("B")
within path.

> Also please forgive me if I've missed something obvious.  I searched
> around for a couple of hours before sending this note.

You might have been able to find it in the actual working draft - see:
https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/single-page.html#paths-PathDataBearingCommands
But this really might be hard to find :-(

Best regards

Juergen Roethig