Re: textLength and textAdjust

With regards to textLength on tspan/textPath: Yes, it should be possible,
but browser implementations are horribly buggy.  SVG 2 has new language
which should clarify what *should* happen.  Please file browser bugs and/or
upvote the bug reports that are already there.

Regarding switching these to presentation attributes.  That's a valid
request, though it's too late to change for SVG 2.  Why don't you file an
issue at https://github.com/w3c/svgwg/issues so it doesn't get forgotten?

~Amelia