Re: SVG testsuite

Hi Geoffrey,

The SVG 1.1 Test Suite is the latest stable test suite; there isn't
anything else you've failed to find.  It of course does not cover any of
the new SVG 2 features, and some of the features it does cover have been
deprecated or even removed.  It also was not extremely comprehensive in the
first place, particularly when it comes to edge case behavior.

I'm not seeing the repo you're referring to on svgwg.org.  The links from
that home page are the valid builds, latest Editor's Draft updates for each
spec, with links to the source on GitHub.  If there is a separate test
suite repo still hosted on that domain, it's probably out of date.  All
active work is on GitHub.

At the moment, work is focusing on stablizing the spec itself.  The next
step will be to create a new test suite, and to integrate it in browser's
automated testing suites.

The modules that have been updated jointly with CSS (masking, filters) have
tests linked from their Editor's Drafts, using the CSS working group's
testing harness.  The working group would like to use the same testing
harness, but we have the extra complication that we need tests to be
re-formatted for stand-alone SVG, inline SVG, and SVG embedded in HTML
different ways.

You are right that the wiki is not very well maintained.  It was mostly
used as internal communication with a little more persistence than the
email list.  GitHub issues should be replacing both.

~Amelia Bellamy-Royds