agenda+ css-writing-modes-3 review (was: Agenda, 1 October 2015 SVG WG telcon)

Hi, Erik–

Can we please add the CSS Writing Modes 3 spec review to the agenda?
Fantasai says she needs our feedback on 2 issues (listed below), and
she's available to attend the telcon tomorrow to explain the issue.

(Fantasai, telcon details below in Erik's original agenda email.)

[[
I'm blocked on the SVGWG here:
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-writing-modes-3/issues-cr-2014

Two issues require SVGWG review

first one is https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2015Sep/0016.html

That's the one that needs review of spec wording

second issue is this
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2015Sep/0017.html

The question on hand is whether we can fold 'writing-mode: rl' and
'writing-mode: lr' together

 From a CSS perspective, they're the same

The different values don't affect anything in the CSS model

They're both horizontal writing modes, and the rl vs. lr doesn't affect bidi

But the SVG spec says they affect the "inline progression direction"
and I can't figure out what that means or should have an effect on

But it's quite clear that it doesn't affect reordering!

There's a test file here
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2015Sep/att-0027/test.svg

which does very interesting things in Presto

but otherwise renders the two values identically in Blink and InkScape

So, yeah, have fun with that?

maybe someone in the group knows what the SVG spec was trying to say,
and whether or not it was important
]]

Regards–
–Doug