Re: [svg-paths] Define normalised path

> On 2015-11-02, at 14:34, Paul LeBeau <paul.lebeau@gmail.com> wrote:
> A path with consecutive "M" commands is a valid path.  If you made this rule then normalized path would render differently from the original.

Just because something is valid doesn't mean it should remain in the normalized output. The purpose of normalization should be to make the output consistent by getting rid of irrelevant or implicit parts. I agree that the path should render exactly the same before and after normalization.

> On 2015-11-02, at 14:34, Paul LeBeau <paul.lebeau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Section 8.4.1 of SVG2 says:
>
>  • If markers are specified, then a marker is drawn on every applicable vertex, even if the given vertex is the end point of a zero-length path segment and even if "moveto" commands follow each other.

If I understand correctly the spec, it means that there should be three markers drawn for a path with data "M 0 0 M 100 100 M 200 200”. It doesn't make much sense too me, does any browser or authoring tool support this behavior? If not, then I would suggest it shold be dropped from the spec.