Re: SVG target fragments issues

Hello Amelia,

> XPointer support:

> The current text regarding fragment identifiers [2] uses an
> XPointer target fragment in an example, but doesn't include it in
> the list of valid SVG fragment types.

It used to be listed as a valid fragment type (because we expected
XPointer to take off, which it did not) but restricted to pointing to
an ID.

We resolved to take it out for SVG2. We did, but it looks as if we
forgot to fix the example.

> Targetting elements and views in nested SVGs:

> The current language is that "the closest ancestor  ‘svg’ element
> is displayed in the viewport" when the target fragment is an element
> ID (whether that element is a <view> or not).

Didn't we fix that so that #ID moved the element with that ID into
view, zooming out if needed so it all fit?

I recall Doug proposing that and my memory was that we did it for SVG
1.1 second edition.

>   This does not seem to be supported in browsers.
> Do we want this behavior?

No, it is useless behaviour.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain