RE: SVG animations without SMIL

A lot of our 'content' at Boeing is hand-rolled and sits behind our intranet firewalls - so we implement content by using the grouping and XML-ness of the SVG document format and viewers allowing us to put non-SVG XML in the document (that the browser doesn't know/care about however our JavaScript libraries do know about.  So there is content in SVG,  just not standardized or not visible to most of the world.

Thomas