[svg2] Proposals for new camelcased attributes (ACTION-3702)

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:47:02 +1100
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi,
svg2 has added a number of new camelcased attributes, which is something
that we have previously decided that we should try to avoid if possible.
Here's a complete list based on the svg2 attribute appendix.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/embedded.html#CanvasWidthAttribute
   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/embedded.html#CanvasHeightAttribute
   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/embedded.html#FrameHeightAttribute
   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/embedded.html#FrameWidthAttribute

These already have an open issue in the spec.
Proposal: Either rename to just width and height, or alternatively make
lowercase.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/pservers.html#MeshGradientElementGradientTransformAttribute

Proposal: make this 'transform' instead.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/pservers.html#HatchElementHatchContentUnitsAttribute

Proposal: keep as is due to the existing naming pattern for pattern and
gradients.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/pservers.html#HatchElementHatchTransformAttribute

Proposal: make this 'transform' instead.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/pservers.html#HatchElementHatchUnitsAttribute

Proposal: keep as is due to the existing naming pattern for pattern and
gradients.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/struct.html#SVGElementPlaybackOrderAttribute

Proposal: rename to playbackorder, or possibly playback-order (if we
consider making this a property in the future). Also check with web
animations for naming pattern.

   https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/struct.html#SVGElementTimelineBeginAttribute

Proposal: rename to timelinebegin, and figure out better (non-camelcased)
keywords. E.g timelinebegin=[ onload | ondomready ], or perhaps based on
event names, e.g DOMContentLoaded?

This closes ACTION-3702.
--
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group