RE: some HTML elements in SVG documents

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote on
Friday, August 07, 2015 2:38 PM
To: www-svg
Subject: Re: some HTML elements in SVG documents

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> I did some very quick testing to see whether various metadata-ish HTML
> elements (in the HTML namespace) work in SVG documents.  I tested
> title, base, link, meta, style and script.
[snip]
>   meta: allows page refresh across Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Edge
>   http://mcc.id.au/temp/meta.svg
------

+1, I'm happy about these.  In particular, <meta> will make a few
things easier to develop in the future (like Parameters).
---------

Parameters would be nice, if we're still talking along the lines of the stuff Doug Schepers proposed a decade or so ago. I've been wishing for something like that (allowing reuse of values in SVG) a lot recently.

One can control <random> with a seed if one wishes to.

Cheers
David