Re: Deprecating xlink:title

On 2015/04/17 11:32, Doug Schepers wrote:
> Hi, Brian–
>
> I think that @title is still useful for links (the <a> element), and is
> widely used there, so I don't think we should deprecate it.
>
> (I'm treating @xlink:title as the same as @title, effectively.)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your answer. In this case, I'm specifically interested in
xlink:title.

I'm pretty sure we want to discourage authors from using xlink:title
going forward. In place of that should we recommend using a title
element or a bare title attribute? Both?

And if we encourage using a bare title attribute do we need to update
our list of common attributes to include it or do we pull in HTML's
global attributes somewhere else already?

Best regards,

Brian