RE: SVG Accessibility Task Force

I could work with any of the times on Friday - the Thursday timeslot
conflicts with the HTML5-a11y TF call Rich.

JF

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:33 AM
To: public-svg-a11y@w3.org
Cc: Fred Esch; SVG WG; SVG public list; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: SVG Accessibility Task Force

Fred Esch and I will be chairing the SVG Accessibility Task Force and we
would like to establish a first meeting time for 1 hour.

Fred and I are available:

Thursday 11am eastern;
Friday, 9-11 am eastern, 1-3pm eastern, and 4-6pm eastern.

For those who want to participate please respond to this email on the new
public-svg-a11y list with your name and times that you are available. If
needed we will move to an online poll.

Here is a draft of the Task force work statement:
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement>
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/work-statement

One of the key pieces of work will be to to develop WAI-ARIA semantics
specific to graphics such as charts,  STEM, and other complex graphics. A
challenge for our group will be to define scoping so that we can get
manageable chunks out to accelerate access in this space.

Best,
Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger