Re: Smooth transitions between patches in mesh gradients

Hello Jasper,

Monday, May 5, 2014, 7:00:01 PM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> I finally got around to writing down an explanation of how tensor
> patches along with higher order (cubic rather than linear) colour
> interpolation can help to create smooth transitions across patch
> boundaries in mesh gradients:
> http://jaspervdg.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/smooth-transitions-in-mesh-gradients/

Cool, interesting and clear write-up.

> This is the result of some of the discussions on this mailing list
> regarding the problem of creating smooth transitions, as well as some
> face-to-face discussions with Tav. I think it should be possible to
> integrate some these considerations in SVG 2,

That would be my preference also. Its better to express the curve
continuity constraint in the markup, rather than attempt to simulate
it in authoring tools (producing larger files due to many more
patches).

--
Best regards,