Re: transform as a presentation attribute

On Jun 26, 2014, at 9:39 AM, Juergen Roethig <roethig@dhbw-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> Am 24.06.2014 23:44, schrieb Tab Atkins Jr.:
>> [...]
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE html>
>> <svg viewBox="0 0 10 10" width=100 height=100 style="border: thin solid;">
>>  <rect x=1 y=1 width=2   height=2   fill=blue ></rect>
>>  <rect x=1 y=5 width=2px height=2px fill=green></rect>
>> </svg>
>>
>> [...]
>
> Just a question: Is this really the way we should code SVG in the future, or even in the present? As in the past, it looked somewhat different (DOCTYPE, attributes, ...) ... especially the <!DOCTYPE html> concernes me somehow.

This effectively makes the SVG file an HTML file and Tab used it to paste a complete and applicable example that works out of the box without defining namespaces and so on. Inline SVG is definitely important for the future and present. It is still up to you how you want to create your SVG file… the context is very important as well.

Greetings,
Dirk