Re: transform as a presentation attribute

Hello world,

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> [...]
> Therefore clearly one should not promote to use the style attribute
> at all or something like this with similar high specifity/priority.
> Instead it is important to explain authors, that they always have to
> clean up files produced by programs like inkscape to get rid of
> style attributes in published documents.

I would never promote using a style attribute in any SVG file - I would
love to use the specific presentation attribute for specific design, and
leave the global design (e.g. have all the strokes with color black and
width 1px unless otherwise noted) to rules in external CSS files. But
actually, if I want to override such a global statement for just one
single object within the code, I must use the attribute "style" for that
- no other way if have the same property with another value applicable
for that specific object (and lots of other objects for which the rule
is intended) in my external CSS file! And now, this is even true for
specifications made via transform - all specific transformations get
overriden by a simple CSS rule "* { transform: translate(1px,1px);}" (or
similar) in a referenced external CSS file.

Regards,

Juergen Roethig