[svg2] CSS pseudo-element requirements

From: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:37:42 +0200
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi,
I'm wondering if the css pseudo-elements apply to svg content. In SVG 1.1
these are not required AFAICT, and there's no sign of requirements for
this in SVG2 either [2]. However, it seems that Firefox (some) support for
::first-line and ::first-letter even in svg content [3].

Is this something we should require, and if so, should we require CSS3
Selectors as well? Currently it's listed as an informative reference.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/#pseudo-elements
[2] https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/styling.html#StylingWithCSS
[3] http://jsfiddle.net/rLCLj/1/

--
Erik Dahlstrom, Web Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group