Re: Outlines for new Implementation guide documents for Core (previously WAI-ARIA), HTML 5.1, and SVG2

(2014/01/16 12:26), Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> I can see your point wrt. a group. I can suggest alternative text. The
> HTML spec. allows it on all elements but there are places where we would
> not have a mapping. I would refer to not make it applicable on all
> elements but,

Ok. Just out of curiousity, to which elements would it *not* apply?

We used role a lot on <g> elements in [1].

As discussed after the telcon this morning, please go ahead and make
edits to SVG2. If you don't mind, we need to tidy up definitions.xml so
that all elements that can have aria attributes include the 'aria'
attribute group. We should also remove reference to "Rendered SVG
elements" since it is not defined anywhere.

Thanks!

Brian

[1] https://static.mozilla.com/moco/en-US/images/mozilla_eoy_2013_EN.svg