Re: Outlines for new Implementation guide documents for Core (previously WAI-ARIA), HTML 5.1, and SVG2

(Replying to www-svg since this is SVG-specific)

(2014/01/16 6:34), Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Here is the URL to find links to the 3 outlines:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/ARIA
>
> This is a work in progress but I have started the outlines for each. We
> should discuss these at the Face to Face.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for this. At last week's telcon I brought to the group the
issue raised by Kurosawa-san that SVG2 currently says that only rendered
SVG elements can have role attributes.[1][2]

Kurosawa-san pointed out that "rendered elements" is not really defined
and the attribute index defines the places where role is allowed
inconsistently. I raised the question whether we need to restrict the
set of elements at all or whether we can just allow role attributes
everywhere like I believe HTML allows.[3]

We decided we should ask someone who knows more about ARIA (like
Kurosawa-san and yourself).

Will the documents referred to in your mail cover this role (haha)? If
not, do you have any suggestions about this?

Thanks,

Brian

[1] Discussion here: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/09-svg-minutes.html#item01
[2] Original issue here: