Re: The (new, enhanced) viewbox property

From: Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:44:38 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org
As I understand it, one of the reasons that SVG does not use stroke
bounding box anywhere is that it's more expensive and difficult to
calculate accurately particularly given things like stroke-miterlimit.
Neither Gecko nor Webkit get stroke bounding boxes right in all
circumstances (they both overestimate but in different ways). Given that
everything else uses the fill bounding box I think it would be simpler and
more consistent if viewboxes used that too.

Best regards

Robert