Re: [svg2] getStrokeBBox functionality has been replaced with getBBox dictionary argument

Hi David

> I'm not sure why we'd want to allow so poor an approximation as the
bounding box of the control points (which could be very much looser than
the curve itself).

Could be, but in my experience it is not all that common that it has as
major an effect as in your example.  Plus there are also use cases where a
fast and approximate bounding box is more desirable than a slow and
accurate one.  Perhaps one input to the algorithm might be a flag to
indicate that you would be satisfied with an approximation.

Paul