Re: fill and stroke properties with CSS <image> values

I don't think that's true.  The DOM for example renders back to front.
 I do things like http://jsfiddle.net/b4v3s/ all the time.

I don't have a strong opinion about the point under discussion, but
the rationale you give doesn't really make sense to me.

- Kris