Re: fill and stroke properties with CSS <image> values

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 16:24:28 -0800
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, public-fx <public-fx@w3.org>, chris@w3.org
Following up on this: I just wanted to point out that Tav added some
wording to allow multiple <paint> values ~6 months ago (which we agreed
to).  How should we reconcile this with your proposal that uses only a
single bg layer (without an <attachment>, as we agreed to this week)?
Although <bg-layer> and <final-bg-layer> are defined so that you can
only put a <color> at the end of the list, Tav's changes do allow
multiple <color>s.

By the way, I would be quite happy to change the way ICC colour
fallbacks are done.  Perhaps the fallback can be within the icc-color()
function rather than outside.  Chris do you have any opinion on this?

Regarding "fill: url(image.png) red", like Erik I wonder really if
anybody uses that and whether we can remove the fallback.