Re: SVG 1.1 default implicit ARIA semantics

Amelia,

A new task force has been established to produce graphics semantics and we
will be developing platform accessibility API Mappings. We have a new
specification for that which is also in development that also will be
developed by the task force (SVG accessibility task force).  WAI-ARIA
semantics, today, can be used in places for SVG but is generally not the
right semantics for drawings. That is understood by both the PF and SVG
working groups.

The text content needs a mapping but not necessarily the container. Group
does not necessarily make sense either. I will look at an appropriate
solution for text content.

Paragraphs don't show up ad roles in api mappings. I agree region does not
make sense either.

We are working on times to hold the task force meeting. I posted to the
list about this last week.

Cheers,
Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger