Re: Rendering of marker-start at the beginning of a subpath

That's the sentence I was referring to in my post.  That is later seemingly
contradicted (or clarified?) by the paragraph I posted.  It tends to
suggest that it may have been intended that start and end markers applied
to all subpaths.

However I was remiss in pointing out that the correct behaviour has been
clarified in the SVG2 spec.  Which states categorically that the behaviour
is as you state - ie. one start and end per path.

Paul