Re: Resource priorities and SVG

On Oct 30, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> FYI,
>
> the Web performance working group published a first draft of Resource
> Priorities. It allows the authors to give the user agent hints on the
> download priority of a resource.
>
> Since SVG links to resources, the idea is to apply two content
> attributes to a few SVG elements:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-resource-priorities-20131029/
>
> Feedback is welcome of course and the Web Perf group will be at TPAC in
> case more discussion is needed.

Sadly there are a lot of interesting WGs meeting at TPAC. Will be hard to attend both.

Something that bothers me is adding new attributes to SVG elements, which are partly maintained by the CSS and SVG WG, going to FPWD without consulting any of the effected WGs prior the publication. At least I did not get an email from the Web Perf WG.

Greetings,
Dirk