Re: Stroke-miterlimit handling

On Fri, 10 May 2013 17:48:05 +0100, you wrote:

>according to my precision animation test, firefox seems to have only an
>accuracy problem, available in all versions, from 2 up to 20.

I don't think that that can explain what I'm seeing in Firefox 20.0.1 on
Windows 7. It's not a question of at what angle the miter limit
threshold takes effect; rather, the _location_ of the clip point is
different. In particular, as the join angle is animated through the
threshold, the "correct" behavior is for the point to be suddenly
clipped back, as if as if the stroke-linejoin property were changed from
"miter" to "bevel." What Firefox does is different: the line is
certainly clipped, but much further out, _not_ at the place where it
would have been clipped with stroke-linejoin="miter." An animation of
the process is continuous and smooth, with no discontinuous jumps.

-Steve Schafer