From: Philip Rogers [mailto:pdr@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:16 PM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Deprecating <tref>

www-svg,

I would like to propose deprecating <tref> from SVG2. I would also like to field your opinion on removing it from Blink.

Our numbers show <tref> use in the wild is virtually nonexistant: less than 0.0000003% of pages. Furthermore, the supporting code is complex and has been a source of many security bugs in Blink and WebKit. Of the 24 tref bugs that have ever been filed against Chrome, 14 have been stability or security related.

What do you think of slimming up both the spec and implementations by removing <tref>?
https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/single-page.html#text-TRefElement

Philip