Re: continuing (or not) to mint new integer constants for existing IDL attributes

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> In what way are we possibly making it harder for the author?  They're
> *not supposed to* be using those constants, and we are supposed to
> make sure that there are sufficient alternatives for whatever the
> constants were being used for previously.  Assuming we're doing our
> jobs correctly, what we do with the constants should be of no
> consequence whatsoever to authors.  So, let's just do the simplest
> possible thing and make everything return the one new value.

We decided in the call to indeed not add new integer constants, but to
ensure that better accessors exist for these attributes.  As it
happened, the attribute I was interested in, <marker orient="">, already
had a newly added

   attribute DOMString orient;

IDL attribute, so we're good there.