Re: Promoting more SVG attributes into properties

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:07:27 +0100
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Thursday, January 24, 2013, 6:38:16 AM, Cameron wrote:

>> 2. Restrict the property to a single syntax that works on both
>> instances.  For example, for the 'x' property, only allow a single
>> length.  If you want to specify multiple lengths for a <text> element,
>> you need to use the attribute form.

> I would prefer the model to be that the property is the actual storage,
> and the presentation attribute is just another way to influence the
> value of the property.  So I think the property needs to be able to
> represent both single values and a list.

I would also much prefer that the property *continue to* be the actual
storage,   and   the   presentation   attribute   continue   to  be  a
zero-specificity  way  to specify the property value, while stlesheets
(style  attributes,  style elements, external stylesheets) continue to
be another higher specificity way to specify the same property.

Best regards,