Re: SVG 2 Features and Approach

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Note that, while SVG Fonts is getting dropped from SVG2 (or put into a
> module, or whatever), we're separately pursuing the ability to put SVG
> into a Truetype font for the outlines.  It already works in some
> (private?) version of Firefox, and I think has mild support from the
> other browsers.
>
> That would be Firefox 18, available to all next week and in Beta right now.

Currently preffed off by default to ensure we don't usurp standards. One
has to toggle gfx.font_rendering.opentype_svg.enabled in about:config to
experiment with it.

Rob
--
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority