Agenda request SVG2, CSS Masking

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:11:59 -0800
To: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi,

I would like to request the following topics for the agenda this Thursday:

SVG2:
Philip Rogers and I created a diagram of the dependency trees from SVG 1.1 and SVG2 [1].
1) Together with Cameron, we figured out that SVGLocatableElement and SVGTransformableElement can be combined with the new inheritance concept.
2) Should SVGTextContentElement inherit from SVGGraphicsElement or SVGGeometryElement (currently in the draft)? The later provides neat methods like isPointInPatth, which on the other hand are not so easy to implement on some platforms.

CSS Masking:
3) SVGClipPath inherits from SVGTransformable and therefore from SVGLocatable in SVG 1.1, which seems to be a mistake. It provides SVGClipPath the methods
	getBBox, getCTM, getScreenCTM and so on. SVGClipPath seems to be the only resource element with this functions. Should SVGClipPathElement continue having these methods? Inheriting from SVGElement directly could clean up the inheritance tree even more.
4) Resolve on last known issue: Percentage values for basic shapes on 'clip-path' relative to obb or strokeRect [2]?
5) Review request of spec before going to LC.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1DjmqGOk71JATh5ysZtnFe0Nxvox-g6mZ-M02jLA9aOc/edit?pli=1
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/tip/masking/index.html#the-clip-path