Re: animateMotion along things other than paths?

(2012/12/31 11:09), Cameron McCormack wrote:
> If anywhere, that offset should go on the <animateMotion> itself, rather
> than being something associated with dashing.  And that wouldn't be hard
> to do, I just don't know that there's a good reason to support it.

This use case of wanting to start something mid-way through the path
comes up reasonably often, particularly with paths that form a loop.

In Web Animations we've added an 'iteration start' parameter for
this.[1] If you want to start half-way through the loop, you set
iterationStart to 0.5.

The intention is to expose this to SVG syntax too when we come to define
the mapping.

Best regards,

Brian

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/tip/web-anim/index.html