Re: Rendering text on paths - suggestions

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:37:57 +0100, honyk <j.tosovsky@email.cz> wrote:

>> How would you like the overflowing text to be placed in the general
>> case?
>
> Hmm, it is true it is nonsense in general case where no 'path' is
> defined outside the path.
>
> But I realized there could be a simple rule - to overflow whenever the
> path is closed (= the continuation of the path is ensured).

That sounds somewhat reasonable. What if there are multiple subpaths?
Overflow to the first subpath in the path? What if that first subpath
isn't closed?

Sounds like something for a new property, or perhaps we could reuse the
'text-overflow' property for this? In that case what you're asking for
would require a new value 'wrap' for the 'text-overflow' property.

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group