'pointer-events' property and value 'auto'

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:37:24 -0800
To: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>, "tantek@cs.stanford.edu" <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Hi,

For some time the 'pointer-events' property was part of CSS3-UI until it was removed. Do we keep it in SVG for now? Firefox and WebKit (as well as the specification for CSS3-UI) use the value 'auto' which is not defined in SVG 1.1. I suggest adding it to SVG if we keep the property in SVG instead of another specification. 'auto' would be the initial value.

Greetings,
Dirk