Re: minutes, SVG F2F Pymont, Sydney day 5 (08/02/2013)

On 9/02/13 9:01 AM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> Yes, if that happens, it should be allowed.
>
> Will this require changes to the HTML parser? (ie all external
> references such as script blocks should be disallowed) Would the HTML
> content reflow when the glyph is resized?

There wouldn't be any changes to the HTML parser.  The content shouldn't
reflow, either, as the glyph is only scaled.  The size of the CSS box
containing the HTML would remain constant (it'd be the same number of px
units).

> Also, my fear is that people will abuse it and just make HTML characters.

I'm inclined to say "so what"; if we decide that HTML in <foreignObject>
is OK, then it doesn't really matter if people decide to use primarily
HTML content in there, rather than just a little bit.  (Remember though
that we will be requiring the document to be parsed as XML and for the
root element to be <svg>.)