CSS background-image reference to inline SVG

From: Roman Liutikov <roman01la@romanliutikov.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 22:02:09 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hey guys!

I'm working on a project where a lot of SVG graphics are required and I
really like the idea of using inline SVG. What I'm looking for is an
ability to use the inline SVG with CSS background-image property by linking
to its id:

   background-image: url(#myShape);

Data URI is great, but I don't think that somebody would like to mess the
code with numbers of lines for the only image.

Thanks,

Roman