Issue with "An SVG Primer for Today's Browsers"

From: Doss, Otis W., III <Bill.Doss@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:45:02 -0500
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
I've been reading "An SVG Primer for Today's Browsers" to learn about SVG a= nd I had a problem running the examples for the <use> tag.  In the code for=  the example and in the highlighted box, the syntax for the hyperlink to th= e group to "use" is specified as follows:

                xlink:href=3D"G"

In order to get this to work in my browser, Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m, = I had to add an "#" to the id:

                xlink:href=3D"#G"

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Thanks,
Otis William Doss III

Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory
FPD/KTA
9-124
(240) 228-8398