Re: [css-compositing] Request to move Compositing and Blending spec to CR

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM, James Robinson <jamesr@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Why are you trying to define how canvas works in a CSS spec? Canvas is
>> defined as part of HTML, including how the compositing operations are
>> applied. The text here is completely unhelpful.
>>
> This is not a 'CSS' spec; this is done through the fx working group which
> works on graphical operators.
> Some are CSS, others apply to canvas. The Web animation spec is purely
> JavaScript but will eventually define CSS properties as well.
>
> HTML refers to this spec to define compositing; the same is done in the
> filters spec. I don't understand what you think that that is not helpful
> (unless you think compositing should be redefined in every spec)

The paragraph in question describes a compositing model that is not used by
canvas or HTML or CSS or SVG any other web technology and that there are no
plans to use in any web technology.  in way way do you think that it *is*
helpful to have in a web standard?

- James