Re: Compositing/Blending moving from LC to CR (was Re: minutes, 5 December 2013 SVG WG telcon)

Hi Chris,

Some more questions.

On Dec 6, 2013, at 9:47 PM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

> Dirk is correct that a complete and detailed list of changes is
> required. Generally, the disposition of comments document will explain
> the rationale for the change.
>
>>    heycam: no open issues on the spec?
>
>>    cabanier: all resolved at LC
>>    ... only reason isolation is on the at risk list, is that we
>>    have only one implementation so far
>>    ... but I'm confident we'll have another one by the time we
>>    exit CR
>
> As Cameron mentioned after the call, there needs to be a complete
> disposition of comments for all comments received since LC was
> published (this includes threads that started before LC and are still
> being discussed.
>
> In the case where changes/feature requests were requested but denied
> (or moved to a next version) there also needs to be a mail from the
> editors asking for confirmation that no change/deferred is okay (and
> preferably, confirmation back from the commentor).

How is this request list managed? In a different document, or in the specification itself? Do you have an example please?

Is it really every request during the whole development since the first WD that needs to be listed and explained? (Why it was delayed/denied?) Otherwise, I have a lot to do for Filter Effects :P

I assume, comments and request that made it into the spec don’t need to be listed.

> If no change was requested and none made then its enough to just
> record the comments and note that no change resulted.
>
>>    heycam: what's the plan for a test suite?
>
> Tests are not required before entering CR (but are encouraged). Having
> an idea of what tests are needed, a test plan etc and a rough estimate
> of how long this might take, is information that must be in the
> transition request for CR.

You mentioned somewhere that the test plan could be valuable information that is mentioned as well during the CR period. Is it in the same document as the comments and feature requests?

Greetings,
Dirk