mask-type property

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:02:38 +0200
To: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
We discussed at the F2F this week the 'mask-type' property, and we
decided not to allow it to be specified on arbitrary elements to affect
how a mask that applies to that element would be interpreted.  (Instead,
we have "luminance" and "alpha" keywords in the 'mask' property itself.)
  Instead we decided to make 'mask-type' only apply to <mask>.  This is
in place of the current maskType="" attribute on <mask>.

I was just implementing this, and I wondered whether it really makes
sense for it to be a property.  I don't think there are really any use
cases for using style sheets to change how a <mask> element is
interpreted.  I think therefore we should stay with a plain attribute on
<mask>, but perhaps call it something other than maskType="", just to
avoid the camel-casing issues that Simon brought up.  I think type=""
would work fine.