Re: SVGMatrix in Canvas spec

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 23:25:54 +0200
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>
Dirk Schulze:
> I just noticed that the Canvas2D specification references SVGMatrix.
> canvas.currentTransform returns a SVGMatrix object[1]. I am not sure
> if we should convince the Canvas editors to drive Deans Matrix4x4
> proposal[2] forward instead. I would like to rely on SVGMatrix as
> less as possible, since I still hope to get a API for CSS Transforms
> in the next level. What do you think?

When Hixie was developing that feature he asked if SVGMatrix was an
appropriate object to use here, and I said yes that would work.  I would
feel even better if we could actually manage some unification between it
and CSSMatrix / Dean's proposal.  If you have an idea how to do that,
please post it. :)