Re: Minutes October 25, 2012 SVG WG Telcon

On 26-10-12 00:09, Nikos Andronikos wrote:
>    krit: the big white circle should be filled with pad
>    ... can we agree that spread methods are still useful?
>
>    Tav: well it would be inconsistent if you didn't have them
>
>    krit: what I really miss, is having spreadMethod none
>
>    Tav: I thought about that and was going to suggest it until I
>    realised Canvas always does padding

PDF does not btw.

>    krit: I'm not sure about that
>    ... if you think about infinite big circles, the right side can
>    never be filled

The idea is that if the focal circle approaches the boundary from
within, that you then converge to the behaviour SVG specifies. However,
you are right that strictly speaking the right side should be empty (if
not allowing negative radii) as soon as the two circles share a point.