Re: Proposal: Nesting SVG Graphics Elements

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:38:25 -0500
To: steve@fenestra.com
CC: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi, Steve-

Thanks for your response.

On 11/29/12 7:42 PM, Steve Schafer wrote:

> It seems to me that you're trying to embed what is more properly handled
> as SVG editor functionality into the base language.

I'm not sure what you mean here... can you elaborate?

> My personal preference would be to keep the SVG representation itself
> as "lean and mean" as possible, and put all of the interactive
> manipulation expressiveness into a higher layer.

How do you see this complicating SVG at all? If anything, this will
reduce file size and clutter by removing the need for additional <g>
elements (in some cases).

I certainly don't want to complicate SVG... my goal is to simplify it.

Regards-
-Doug