Re: marker-pattern syntax

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:03:50 -0800
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> Would just be a different way to interpret the syntax, with the same strength. I don't car about the way to interpret it. It would still be the question: Do we allow negative values for <distance>? I actually don't see a problem with it. But I might be wrong.

I have no problem with negative distances, except that one must ensure
that the total distance of the cycle isn't zero.  (Though one must of
course do that anyway, unless you require that the distances are
non-zero, too, which isn't cool - it requires an open interval.)

> What would a distance of 150% mean? is it just (150 mod 100)%?

No, you don't wrap around.  It would just indicate a position past
where we paint markers, which means we don't paint it.

~TJ