Re: mask-type property

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:43:54 +1100
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Dirk Schulze:
> Yeah, we can think about it again. I am not really opposed to a
> different solutions. However, I think it is reasonable to use the
> same property. Masks don't apply to <mask> elements anyway at the
> moment.

It would mean we couldn't then ever make them apply to <mask> elements.
I don't know how likely it is that we'll ever want to do that, but it
contributes to my unease over using the same property for two different
things.

Let's talk about it briefly in the telcon next week to see if anyone
else feels similarly; if not, I'm OK to go ahead with it, and I'll land
my patch for mask-type on <mask>. :)