Re: dropping contentStyleType and contentScriptType

On Saturday 2012-05-19 13:00 +1000, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> In SVG 1.1, the contentStyleType="" attribute can be placed on an
> <svg> element to indicate the styling language in use in any
> style="" attributes in that subtree.  The spec says:
[...]
> Similarly you can place contentScriptType="" on <svg> to indicate
> the scripting language in any event handler attributes.  There's no
> wording currently about dropping this attribute, but I have never
> seen anyone use it to specify anything other than JavaScript, and
> HTML also does not support a feature like this.  I propose we drop

Just for the record, HTML4 does have this feature:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/present/styles.html#h-14.2.1
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.2.1
though I don't see it in HTML5.

I have no opinion on dropping it.