getEnclosureList() and getIntersectionList() - rendering vs geometry

From: Jennifer Yu <Jennifer.Yu@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:01:24 +0000
To: "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi folks,

It was pointed out to me that one of our test cases around getEnclosureList() and getIntersectionList() is incorrect . I'd just like some clarification around the right behavior before we go update it. Should getEnclosureList() and getIntersectionList() reflect the rendered content (with filters, masking, etc) or shape geometry? I found this old thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2009Nov/0015.html that doesn't appear to be very conclusive. The spec definition refers to "rendered content" but that seems a bit vague to me, especially when compared to the definition for getBBox() which is more explicit.

Thanks!
Jen