Re: [css4-values] basic data types in SVG

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:28:00 +1000
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>
CC: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>, "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>
Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu:
> 2. Unlike CSS2.1, wsp doesn't include form feeds, i.e. #xC. I think
> that's because XML doesn't allow form feeds. But #xC will appear in
> SVG-in-HTML and browsers support this.
>
> (Tested with
>
> data:text/html,<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">   <rect x="100" y="100"
> width="100" height="100"
> style="stroke:black;fill:none;stroke-dasharray:2px%0C2px;"/></svg>
> )
>

> I think it might be nice to move this whole "Basic Data Types" section
> into css4-values so some of these quirky test cases can have a common home.

Completely agree, and hopefully we can end up settling on the normal CSS
property parsing behaviour for white space separated tokens rather than
SVG having its own, even for presentation attributes.  I think most of
that section can be dropped, and properties that are defined in the SVG
spec can reference the types defined in css3-values or wherever.