SVG Masking under FXTF

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:47:46 -0700
To: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>
CC: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
Hi SVG folks,

I would like to discuss moving the SVG Masking part to a new spec, just like we did for Filter Effects and CSS Transforms. The CSS WG is looking into specifying masking as well. Because the last draft of SVG 2 does a lot of changes to masking which seem to be helpful on HTML as well, it might be the time to discuss these changes with the CSS WG. I would like to avoid repeating the same mistake on masking that was done on transforms initially.

I add Ted in the CC list, since he wanted to look in specifying masking for the CSS WG.

Greetings,
Dirk