Re: Compositing math in SVG

From: Calculemus <calculemus1988@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:44:45 +0200
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, "steve@fenestra.com" <steve@fenestra.com>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>
Rik,

1. "Where is the alpha coming from? Is it already in the image that you're
applying blending to?"

I created the images A and B in Photoshop, A has opacity
75% and B has 100%, so the alpha is coming
from the images yes.

2. "If so, you need to alpha blend with the background first and then
blend."

You mean alpha blend the top image A with bottom/background image B?
And then blend with...? I am confused, so I am not supposed to use that
formula?

Thanks