Re: Compositing math in SVG

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:51:36 -0700
To: Calculemus <calculemus1988@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

take a look as the draft CSS blending spec:
Those should match what you see in the Adobe reference guides. (Can you
post a link to these?)

The reason for the differences is that the SVG spec combines blending and
src-over compositing to the same formula.
The Adobe and CSS spec don't do this. The define it as:
1. the blending formula which combines foreground and background colors
(ignoring alpha)
2. if the foreground has alpha, blend the original color with the blended
3. composite this color with alpha using the specified compositing formula